Position: Software Development Manager
Salary: up to £60,000
Office Location: Stockport
Location of Work: Hybrid WFH 2 days a week
An exciting new position has now been created for a Software Development Manager to join our clients growing engineering function. This is a great time to be joining the company as this role has been created due to business growth and this is a real opportunity for a Software Development Manager to take ownership of all thing’s software, including project planning, driving best practices, roadmap planning and growing the software development team.
You will ideally come from an embedded software design background (C/C++, RTOS) and should be able to illustrate experience leading a software team and taking ownership of software projects. You will have experience managing engineers on a daily basis and communicating with other senior members of the engineering department.
The successful Software Development Manager can expect their role to include:
- Being responsible for development and output of SW engineering team to deliver to NPD projects
- Leading SW projects and their deliveries including creating and monitoring project plans and reviewing progress
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Line management of team members including objective setting, personal development and performance management
- Competence development of SW team including tools and processes
- Work with project and product development managers and lines within R&D to agree targets and resources
- Develop and maintain SW platform and architecture across multiple products
- Ensure team and projects are working to and meeting/exceeding customer requirements and expectations
- Participation to R&D reporting and strategy implementation as a member of the departmental management team
- Contribute to departmental, project and product budget planning and authorise limited value purchases
- Software management
- Embedded software design background
- Team leadership
- Software project planning
- Strong organisation and communication skills
If you are interested to apply for this role, please get in touch with Andrew Knight or Laurence Powell from KO2 embedded recruitment solutions.