Job Title: Field Application Engineer
Location: Fully Remote Working
Salary: Up to £45,000 + Car, bonus, healthcare and more
The Role: A successful and growing electromechanical business that develops, manufactures and sells electromechanical components (e.g. connectors, switches, assembly products) is now looking for a Field Application Engineer. You will have electronics design knowledge and be comfortable interacting with non-technical customers and sales agents. In this role you will be mainly working remotely and will be expected to travel throughout the southern region of England to various customer locations on a regular basis.
This role will be made up of 2 primary aspects:
- You will be visiting electronic customers to understand and support their requirements, you will be responsible for advising which components would be suitable for their product design developments. This will mean visiting and speaking to customers as well and doing presentations from time-to-time.
- You will be responsible for training a team of 5 to 6 sales engineers so that they have the technical acumen to have technical conversations with perspective customers, to help better understand their needs and make accurate recommendations.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Electronics design skills – educational or industrial experience
- Fault-finding and trouble-shooting of PCB design related issues.
- Knowledge of the electro-mechanical industry including use of materials, environmental effects and constraints
- Strong communication and
- Degree qualification in an Engineering related subject
Desirable Skill and Experience:
- Experience teaching or mentoring
- Knowledge of cable harness assembly practices.
- Any technical sales experience – telephone or face to face based.
Due to this role involving regular travel it is essential the successful candidate holds a dull UK drivers license, a company car will provided and expenses will be fully reimbursed.
Please contact Laurence Powell or Chris Oddy at KO2 Embedded Recruitment Solutions Ltd to discuss this role in further detail.