Position: Embedded Software Engineer
Salary: up to £55,000
Location of office: Durham
Location of work: WFH Hybrid working available
The role: Our client, an industry leader throughout Europe and the US are now seeking an Embedded Electronics Engineer to join their engineering design team in the Durham area. Our client has been developing and manufacturing bespoke solutions for over 30 years and is continuing to grow. They have just moved into brand new offices and are looking to add Embedded Software Engineers to their team due to new project wins and their exciting product roadmap.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Embedded/firmware design and development in C or C++
- Bare metal development
- Design for microcontrollers – PIC, ARM, NXP, Atmel etc
- RS232, RS485, SPI, I2C etc
In this role the successful Embedded Software Engineer will be working within a growing team and can expect to take a hands-on role on all things embedded design focussed, including:
- Design and development of software for new products.
- Develop firmware to support existing and new products.
- Support new product development by developing products with design for manufacture and quality built in
- Creating bill of materials and selecting appropriate parts to meet customer requirements
- Work with a multidisciplined team to ensure projects are delivered on time, costed appropriately and designed to a high standard
- Test new products, evaluate performance and safety circuits and create reports for customer and internal use.
Desirable skills and experience:
- CANbus and SMbus
- Automotive industry experience and coding standards – ISO26262 etc –
- Battery management systems
Their brand new office is based in the Durham area, and they are looking for a candidate who lives within a commutable distance. On offer is a strong salary and benefits package along with the chance to work on a host of new product development projects in a challenging and rewarding environment.
For more information on this fantastic opportunity please get in touch with Laurence Powell or Chris Fawcett from KO2 embedded recruitment solutions.