Position: Electronics Technician
Salary: Up to £40,000 + Benefits
Location of Office: Thame
The Company: A multi award winning business is now looking to expand their engineering team. The successful Electronics Technician will be joining a growing, multidiscipline engineering team with the chance to be involved in new products from initial concept meetings through to onsite production and manufacture in their Thame based head office.
The Role: They are looking for an enthusiastic Electronics Technician to join a busy engineering team. The successful Technician will have similar experience working in a research and development company working alongside electronics, mechanical and production engineers.
You will work within the R&D team to help deliver the NPD plan with tasks such as prototype builds and product testing. You will also work collaboratively with other areas of the business to provide general electronics focused technical support as required, for example: fault finding and repair of faulty PCB assemblies and creation of electronics test rigs.
As a key part of the team the successful Electronics Technician will be responsible for:
- Fault finding products to component level using drawings and basic test equipment.
- Creating standard test procedures, drawings, specialized equipment, fixtures and hand tools.
- Designing and building rigs for testing of PCB assemblies and other production items.
- Writing test reports and manufacturing support documentation in a clear and succinct manner.
- Support the Engineering and Manufacturing teams to fault find electronics related production problems.
- Fault finding and re-work of faulty PCB assemblies, records faults to assist in improvement of product quality and reliability.
- In this role no day will be the same and the successful Technician can expect plenty of variety within their role whilst also having the chance to develop and grow your skills set.
Skills and experience required:
- Repairing and prototyping – hand soldering and reworking PCB assemblies
- Fault finding and diagnostic skills
- Understanding of electronic schematics
- Experience with electronics test equipment – Multi-meters, oscilloscopes etc
Desirable skills and experience:
- PCB design – Altium, PADs etc
- LabVIEW or TestStand
Please contact Laurence Powell at KO2 Embedded Recruitment Solutions Ltd to discuss this role in further details.