Position: Electronics Engineer
Salary: Up to £42,000
Location of Office: Eastbourne
Location of Work: Mixture of onsite and remote working
The Role: Due to customer demand our client are once again growing their Engineering function and are keen to add an Electronics Engineer to join their technical support team in Eastbourne. The ideal Electronics Engineer will have a strong background across electronics design and enjoy the challenge of investigating and fixing electronic circuits and have a keen eye for detail. In this role you can expect plenty of variety and the chance to make improvements to market leading products both already in the field and ahead of their production.
- Investigate issues with both production and field returned products, producing 8D reports where required.
- Explain and present to key accounts teams and customers the findings of any investigations.
- Provide advice on, and testing of, replacement parts to cover any component obsolescence
- Propose, obtain agreement, and implement Copy Exact changes as required to ensure no customer non-conformities or interruptions to E-Part manufacturing.
- Carry out and report on evaluation and compliance testing to EN Standards (e.g. EMC and Electrical Safety) for new and existing products.
- Resolve Customer, Sales and Service Teams’ product application enquiries and issues, providing final level support via escalation to Technical specialists when required.
You will be degree or HNC/HND qualified in a relevant electronics subject and be able to illustrate experience within a similar role working in an R&D environment
Skills and Experience Required:
- Electronic circuit design
- Analogue and digital electronics
- Bug fixing and circuit diagnostics
- Broad electronics knowledge including microcontrollers, embedded software, digital and analogue circuits, serial communications, power electronics, switch mode power supplies.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- High voltage single phase and 3-phase circuits
- EMC standards
- Knowledge of EN61010, WEE directives or RoHS directives
Our client offers a clear career development path, flexible working hours and the opportunity to join a stable, well-funded business who design, develop and manufacture their products onsite.