Position: Electrical Design Engineer
Salary: Up to £45,000
Location of Office: Halifax plus hybrid work from home
Our client, a leader in the power distributions sector is now seeking an Electrical Design Engineer to join their small engineering team in the Halifax area. The successfully Engineer will take on an important role and be tasked with for understanding customer requirements and creating General Arrangement drawings, wiring schematics and Bills of Material in order to identify costs and submit quotations to customers.
Based in a state of the art office in the Halifax areas with plenty of onsite parking available and hybrid working from home available this role is easily commutable via the likes of Bradford, Leeds, Rochdale, Huddersfield and Burnley areas.
Key Skills and Experience Required:
- Drawing and creation of General arrangements and wiring schematics.
- Design experience in electrical switchgear and systems.
- Microsoft office suite
- Experience of liaising with customers and understanding their requirements.
- Analytical and ability to problem solve.
- An HNC in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Create product drawing packages in line with customer specifications.
- Create quotations and submit to customers.
- Specify components to create accurate Bills of Material.
- Ensure that margins for tenders are in line the business objectives of 40% profitability.
- Design product for manufacture to ensure efficient production of equipped pillars.
- Review drawing packages with the Equipped Pillar senior electrician.
- Review manufacturing issue feedback sheets and put in place corrective actions to prevent repeat occurrences.
- Update drawings where necessary to reflect the as built status of the PWP after any agreed changes.
- To undertake any other duties and responsibilities as required/instructed to maintain or improve the efficiency quality and service provided by the PWP business unit.
To be considered for this role send in your up to date CV today or contact Andrew Knight or Laurence Powell at KO2 Recruitment today!