Position- Compliance Engineer for consumer electronic products
Salary- up to £55,000
Location of client- Leeds city centre
Location of work- You can perform this role remotely or in the office
A growing electronics business in Leeds who design and manufacture their own products, as well as sell third party manufactured products require a Compliance Engineer to join their expanding team. In this role you will take ownership for all compliance related tasks for their electronic products.
The types of products you will be responsible for ensuring meet compliance and regulatory standards will be set top boxes, smart televisions, wifi equipment, routers, 4G mesh networks and devices used in retail.
To be suitable for this role you should be passionate about ensuring electronic devices meet and comply with international standards such as REACH, RoHS, CE, UK-CA, and that all necessary documentation and declaration of conformities (DoC’s) are in place.
Due to incoming changes to existing standards this will mean updating documentation and DoC’s to ensure the products comply to the latest standards. An example are changes being made to WiFi and IoT security standards.
This role will give you opportunity to take a lot of responsibility within a successful and growing business, where you will work with a variety of stakeholders internally and externally. You will also have a lot of flexibility to perform the work where you wish. The company prides itself on having a fun and friendly team environment, where all colleagues look to support each other.
Skills and experience required:
- Knowledge of standards for electronic products e.g. CE, UK CA, REACH, RoHS, ECHA, SCIP, CSR
- Ensuring compliance reports are reviewed, validated, and filed correctly.
- Generating and storing Declarations of Conformity (DoC)
- Understanding legal requirements and translating them into practical procedures to adhere to industry standards
- Being proactive about compliance changes
- Excellent written and oral communication