POSITION: C# Software Developer
LOCATION OF OFFICE: Denton, East Manchester
LOCATION OF WORK: Initially onsite. Hybrid working can be offered once you are up to speed with the companies’ systems.
A very successful electronics business, with its head office in Denton, East Manchester require a Software Developer to join its IT team.
This role offers you the opportunity to learn a structured way of developing modern software, applying your skills to a variety of different software areas. There is no doubt that this role will upskill you as a Software Developer and you will be given opportunity to learn and use the latest modern software technologies.
The IT Manager prides himself on given each team member full training and support, so that you can confidently understand the businesses systems and how they operate. There is no pressure to learn quickly, with the IT manager understanding each team member learns at different paces. This makes for a very pleasant, friendly, and positive team atmosphere.
In this role you will be responsible for providing customisation of the companies Kinetic ERP System and other inhouse built applications using C# and other supporting technologies. The ERP system is what makes the business operate day-to-day, so you will have opportunity to develop software which is critical to the businesses performance.
The role will involved enhancing existing systems as well as developing new software and web applications.
If you would like a role which is stimulating and challenging, whilst working in a friendly and supporting team, then this will be ideally suited.
- Customise, expand and enhance existing web-based ERP platform (Kinetic). You will use built-in developer’s tools (designers and wizards for database queries, user interface & events) as well as custom C# code.
- Develop Windows Forms applications using C# .NET Framework (PC Computers), C# .NET Compact Framework (Windows Mobile based hand-held terminals) and SQL query language for database querying and integration – all within Microsoft Visual Studio 2008-2019 and Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio environments.
- Execute full software development life cycle
- Create dynamic, parameterised reports for various areas of the business using SQL query language.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 2+ years’ experience C# .NET development
- Confident developing Windows Forms applications
- C# .NET in Visual Studio environment.
- Knowledge of relational databases, SQL query language and Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio application.
- Comfortable working part of a friendly team