Salary: £25,000 – £32,000
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire
A multi award winning, family run business in the medical sector are now looking to expand their engineering team. The successful Electronics Technician will be joining a growing, multidiscipline R&D engineering team with the chance to be involved in new products from initial concept meetings through to on site production and manufacture in their Leeds based head office.
They are looking for an enthusiastic Electronics Technician to join a busy engineering team in Leeds. The successful Technician will have similar experience working in a research and development company working alongside electronics, mechanical and production engineers.
You will work within the R&D team to help deliver the NPD plan with tasks such as prototype builds and product testing. You will also work collaboratively with other areas of the business to provide general electronics focused technical support as required, for example: fault finding and repair of faulty PCB assemblies and creation of electronics test rigs.
As a key part of the team the successful Electronics Technician will be responsible for:
- Fault finding products to component level using drawings and basic test equipment.
- Creating standard test procedures, drawings, specialized equipment, fixtures and hand tools.
- Assist in the design, manufacture and testing of NPD prototypes.
- Designing and building rigs for testing of PCB assemblies and other production items.
- Writing test reports and manufacturing support documentation in a clear and succinct manner.
- Support the Engineering and Manufacturing teams to fault find electronics related production problems.
- Fault finding and re-work of faulty PCB assemblies, records faults to assist in improvement of product quality and reliability.
In this role no day will be the same and the successful Technician can expect plenty of variety within their role whilst also having the chance to develop and grow your skills set.
Skills and experience required:
- Repairing and prototyping – hand soldering and reworking PCB assemblies
- Fault finding and diagnostic skills
- Schematic layouts and electrical wiring diagrams for fault finding
- Understanding of electronic schematics
- Experience with electronics test equipment – Multi-meters, oscilloscopes etc
Desirable skills and experience:
- PCB design – Altium
- CAD Design
- Functional testing