LOCATION OF WORK: Oxford- This role requires you to work onsite. The company are operating under strict CV-19 guidelines
CONTRACT LENGTH: 6 months initially (likely extension)
RATE: £45-55 per hour
START DATE: asap
An electronics business who is based in central Oxford require an experienced Test Development Engineer to test their newly developed device which is now at prototype stage.
The device you will be testing is a handheld consumer device which has been developed to medical device standards. The product consists of Analogue and Digital electronics, and uses wireless protocols to communicate.
Your role will be to design and build the Test Rig, and then create all the necessary tests in order to test the product prototype.
For this role you should have Manual and Automated (ATE) test development experience, trying to automate as much of the testing as you see fit.
As you will be developing the test solution from scratch you have total control over what is tested manually and what is tested using automated test software.
It is your decision what automated test scripting language is to be used, but LabVIEW, TestStand or Python are the languages which would be preferred at this stage.
This is chance to work on an exciting project which gives you lots of responsibility on developing the test solution.
- Confident developing a test solution from scratch for an electronics device
- Experience testing electronic products/ devices (which comprise of Analogue and Digital technology)
- Manual and Automated Test development experience
- Test rig design
- Experience developing in the any of the following languages for ATE test: LabVIEW, TestStand, Python. Other languages will be considered
- Experience testing handheld devices