An established electronics business in Oldham, who specialise in fault finding and then repairing complex electronic products for safety critical sectors require a Test Development Engineer to work on ATE system developments.
In this role you will be tasked with developing Automated Test Software to test a wide range of electronic products. The products you will be developing automated software tests for tend to be used in safety critical sectors such as aerospace, oil and gas, rail and renewable energy.
The business has gained a fantastic reputation over the years for being responsive, reliable, and cost effective. With many companies now wanting to be more sustainable (i.e. fixing a product that isn’t working rather than replacing it) this has led to an ever-increasing customer base with some of the worlds largest and most respected electronic companies.
With a large amount of project work on there is the need to add an additional Test Development Engineer to the team.
For this role you must demonstrate good experience developing automated test software to test analogue and digital electronic products. If you have experience using Agilent/ Keysight hardware and programming in VEE Pro, this would be desirable but is not essential.
The business is open to using alternative ATE technology (such as National Instruments LabVIEW and TestStand) so experience with other automated test products and languages will be considered.
If you are a Test Development Engineer who wants varied work, testing a range of interesting products (some of which you won’t have technical information available for) then this is a role you will be fulfilled in.
The business offers its employees a lot of autonomy, so you will be able to take a product and then develop a full end-to-end automated test solution. There is of course a friendly and experienced team to work with.
- Experienced testing complex electronic products (which use Analogue and Digital technology)
- Experienced developing Automated Test Software to enable full functional testing using ATE
- Design of Test Boxes, Test Interface Rigs and writing of Test Procedures
- Comfortable developing tests for products with limited technical information available
- Agilent/ Keysight hardware experience
- Experience developing in the any of the following languages for ATE test: VEE Pro, LabVIEW, TestStand, Python, Matlab, Simulink. Other languages will be considered