LOCATION OF WORK: Chester and Remote Working
An established electronics business in Chester who are globally recognized for their smart energy and smart grid solutions require a Software Test Engineer to join their R&D team.
The business design and manufacture a wide range of solutions, ranging from handheld power monitoring devices to desktop and web applications which provide real-time data to network energy providers.
You will be joining the business as the sole Software Test Engineer. This gives you opportunity to take ownership of all the software testing, with scope to develop testing solutions to how you see fit. It is envisaged that the Software Test Team will grow further in the not to distant future. This will provide you Team Lead/ Management opportunities if you wish.
In this role their will be a mix of Manual and Automated testing (using Python), with the business wishing to Automate as much of the software testing as possible.
In this role you will have opportunity to test a wide range of products and software solutions. This will include:
- Handheld Touchscreen devices- these will need to be manually tested due to the devices having physical buttons on and checking the GUI displays the inputted/ outputted signals
- Desktop applications- this can be automated tested
- Website applications- this can be automated tested
- Docker containers on Linux and Windows using MQTT- this can be automated tested
For this role you should be a Software Test Engineer who has an appreciation of electronics and embedded systems. Some of the products you will be testing will require you to use electronic test equipment such as a signal generator.
This role will be suited to a Test Engineer who has done:
- Mainly Manual testing and some Automated Testing and wishes to move into more test automation development
- An Automated Software Tester with some Manual Testing skills
- Someone who is equally good at Manual and Automated Test