SALARY: £40,000- £50,000
LOCATION OF OFFICE: Salford, Greater Manchester
LOCATION OF WORK: Office based with flexible working hours.
Our industry leading client are growing again and are now looking to add a Software Test Engineer to their R&D team, the successful Test Engineer will be mainly working on greenfield projects. The ideal Test Engineer will be degree qualified and can expect to report directly to the Test Team Leader. This role will involve testing software on both desktop and embedded platforms working closely with the software and hardware engineers.
My client is seeking a Software Test Engineer with strong industrial experience who has the ability and confidence to work in a challenging R&D environment. The successful Test Engineer can expect their role to involve:
- Preparation and execution of automated tests and their supporting infrastructure. 80% / 20% split with manual testing activities.
- Development and maintenance of Test Infrastructure and Continuous Integration pipelines
- Driving software quality by supporting the software development activities.
- Supporting existing product with test activities.
- Supporting development and release of the next generation product platform with test activities.
- Improving software test process and procedures, including implementing new procedures as required.
- Maintenance and improvement of test infrastructure (hardware & software)
- Automation Testing
- Manual testing
- Framework and CI test infrastructure
- Experience testing embedded software.
- C coding experience
- Hardware testing
- Experience in a strongly regulated software environment.