Salary: Up to £65,000
Location of Office: York, North Yorkshire
Due to growth and customer demand our client are now looking for Software Engineering Manager to lead and grow their Software Development team, working out of their York based head office. You will have a technical background in software design, recent management/leadership experience and will be expected to lead the software development team towards the design of cutting-edge software tools that are used across a range of industries.
This is a key role within their business and the ability to manage a team whilst liaising with other key stakeholders in the business is a must. This is not a hands-on role but a background in software design is required so you can take on leadership of development projects. You can expect the role to involve managing the software team whilst taking ownership of project planning, recruitment, budgeting and process improvements. You will take complete ownership of all aspects of software design and report directly to the Technical Director.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Team management or leadership experience
- A software design background including: C/C+, Embedded systems and Linux development
- Growing a team and recruiting
- Managing ta software team and third parties.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Real-time embedded systems
- A background within research
- Experience within a regulated software environment – automotive, medical, aerospace etc
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic Software Manager to join a stable, growing company wo are constantly working towards new development projects.