Position: Software Engineer in Test
Location of Work: Fully Remote Working
Package includes: Up to £55,000 salary, 33 days flexi-holiday, flexitime, remote working, Healthcare plus excellent pension and bonus scheme
The Company: Our client continues to grow their technology team which is focused on the development of cutting-edge autonomous vehicle platforms and software tools. These projects are truly unique and will set the industry standard moving forward. They are happy for people to take on this role on a fully remote basis and have been successfully working to this model for several years now.
The Role: The successful Software Engineer in Test will be joining a small team working on a brand new project, developing real time data collection algorithms for a range of sensors on autonomous vehicles. In this role you will lead all decisions related to test and work closely with a team of software engineers and architects.
The ideal Software Engineer in Test will have experience building and maintaining a testing infrastructure, be familiar with ATDD and BDD principles, be familiar with a range of testing frameworks (cucumber, Robot, FitNesse etc) and have worked with object oriented software languages in a Linux environment.
You should expect the role to include the following:
- Create and maintain the software testing infrastructure for a highly innovative tool for validation and development of Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS)
- Be responsible for the testing strategy and implement test automation and continuous delivery infrastructure for various physical and virtual targets
- Be part of an agile team, you will cooperate with the developers, product owner, product architects, product management and colleagues worldwide
- Share the responsibility for the quality of the software delivered by the team, supporting other team members and participating in peer reviews
Skills and Experience Required:
- Acceptance test-driven development and Behaviour-driven development experience
- Experience with system testing frameworks – Robot, FitNesse, cucumber etc
- Linux or QNX systems
- OO programming knowledge– C++, C#, Python or Java
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Python or Shell scripting
- Agile methodologies – SCRUM, TDD etc
Please contact Laurence Powell or Andrew Knight at KO2 Embedded Recruitment Solutions Ltd to discuss this role in further detail