Position: Software Engineer
Salary: Up to £65,000
Location of Office: York
Location of Work: Hybrid WFH Available
My client will allow you to play a key role in the development and deployment of software, bringing new features from concept to delivery and seeing them deployed in international aerospace projects.
You’ll be solving technically challenging problems, developing software with complex algorithms, data structures, language parsing and other technologies.
This exceptional opportunity allows you to be part of a talented team, who are supportive, collaborative and highly motivated to develop quality software that brings new technology to the next generation low-carbon aerospace industry.
- You will work in a team to help maintain and extend the companies flagship software, adding features, resolving problems, testing and improving the quality of the products.
- Investigating and understanding customer needs, leading to the specification and design of new software and features.
- Taking part in research and design, driving current and future technology, coming up with innovative ideas and seeing them through to completion, working with customers to help them apply the technologies.
- Working with major aerospace, space and automotive companies in the UK and around the world.
- Generating content to support the sales and marketing of new features.
My client are searching for a talented software engineer with excellent skills in computer science and software engineering who is highly motivated, hard-working and innovative, with a “can do” attitude, with some of the following:
- A strong software background and excellent programming skills.
- A degree or PhD level qualification in computer science or a related field.
- The desire and ability to solve complex technical problems.
- Skills in some or all of the following: C, C++, Ada, Java, Python, SQL (the ability to learn new technologies is far more important than specific skills – our philosophy is to hire good people who can learn).
- Focus on quality – some knowledge or experience of real-time and embedded systems, safety-critical/high reliability software, aerospace or automotive experience, DO-178C, ISO 26262 or IEC61508 is beneficial.
This role could suit a range of experience from new graduate to a senior engineer, with a competitive salary depending on experience and ability.
This role is based at the York office, with flexible working times and options for hybrid-remote working
You will be working within a strong, friendly team of like-minded people who have a passion for technology and the work they do. The business has an innovative ethos and culture, and an open, flexible working environment.
The company offers flexible working times, 33 days of flexible annual leave (including bank holidays), a private pension, cycle to work scheme, team away days, fruit and drinks, office cycle/car parking and other benefits. Most roles can be done with a hybrid approach of home-working and office working. The office is based in the lovely city of York, which is a fantastic place to live and work – if you need it, the client will you settle in with a relocation package.
The work the company does helps customers to provide safer and greener flights – they are proud that the technologies they work with contribute to safe and reliable systems. The company work with customers who design the latest low-carbon technologies, autonomous vehicles, advanced displays, and pilot support.
Contact Andrew Knight or Laurence Powell at KO2 Recruitment today for more details.