LOCATION OF WORK: This role can be performed Fully Remotely in the UK. There is no need to go to the office, but if it is preferred to work some of the time or full time in the office this can be offered.
Our client, a rapidly expanding start up in the medical sector are now looking for a Software Development Manager to help lead their next generation of life saving products. The ideal candidate will have a technical background (embedded and PC software applications), solid management experience of a small design team, whilst experience working within the medical or other highly regulated sectors that would be a bonus. This is a fantastic opportunity to take that next step in your career with plenty of scope to make a real impact in the development of a range new medical devices that will help people around the globe.
The successful Development Manager will be tasked with leading the software team, covering all aspects of the product lifecycle whilst working closely with the Technical Director. You can expect your role to involve responsibilities including:
- The leadership and management of the software development team.
- The timely development of quality and innovative products to meet customer needs.
- Providing technical direction and best practice guidance to the team members.
- Hands-on design and development from concept through to implementation including architecture design, specifications, tool selection, hazard analysis, coding, reviewing, testing, manuals, training materials and support to regulatory submissions.
- Overseeing the software team, including recruitment, performance management and team member development and progression
- Embedded software & PC software development background.
- Management or team leading experience
- Evidence of completing projects successfully and on time meting budgetary constraints.
- Working within an AGILE environment
- Excellent communication
- Working with the medical devices sector
- Working with laboratory automation instruments