SALARY: up to £60,000 DOE
LOCATION OF OFFICE: Nottingham
LOCATION OF WORK: Flexible WFH model is available
Our client, a growing start up within the medical sector are now keen to add an experienced Software Engineer to their team. Their engineering team is based in Nottingham but they are happy with a flexible WFH model so you would only need to be onsite once or twice every few months.
The successful Software Engineer will report directly to the Head of R&D and be given the chance to take responsibility for specification, design, development and testing of the software elements of that next generation of products. You will work closely within a small, multidisciplinary team and the successful Software Engineer can expect their role to involve:
- Working within a small team to develop software specifications and test protocols.
- Delivering high-quality production-ready code, according to specifications.
- Performing tests, code reviews, and other quality assurance tasks.
- Fast prototyping in support of proof-of-principle activities.
- Debugging and fixing issues found from field testing and deployments.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Strong C/C++ programming
- Windows and Linux Development
- Multi-threaded applications
- Developing in a highly regulated environment – safety critical, medical, automotive standards etc
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- OpenGL, CMake or GTK
- Embedded software design
- Developing and debugging hardware APIs
Our client offers a clear career development path, flexible working hours and location with the opportunity to join a stable, well-funded business with plenty of new product design projects planned.