Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
West Yorkshire, WF10 5DN
A consumer electronics business that specialises in handheld & wearable IoT devices require a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join its R&D team.
In this role you will be a Lead Mechanical Design Engineer, working alongside one other Mechanical Design Engineer.
With lots of project work to do on multiple products, you will be responsible for mechanical design from concept to manufacture on each product you are working on.
In this role you will have opportunity to work on several product developments. Some task work will be brand new product designs, other task work will be redesigning and improving existing products.
You should be comfortable taking responsibility for all the mechanical design work on a particular product, whilst also working closely with the Electronics Design Engineers.
For the products you will be designing it would be beneficial if you have plastic injection moulding experience and have designed products that enclose pcb electronics. Any experience designing wearable or consumer devices that are mass manufactured would be desirable (but not essential).
If you are a Mechanical Designer who thrives off varied work and design challenges, whilst also having responsibility this will be a role you will enjoy.
- 5+ years Mechanical Design experience
- 3D CAD Design skills
- Plastic Injection Moulding experience. Comfortable working with tool makers.
- Designed products that enclose Electronics
- Good materials knowledge
- Comfortable working within a multi-disciplined R&D team
- Comfortable working on fast moving product developments
- Designed Wearable/ Handheld electronic devices, or products for the Consumer sector.
- Designed High Volume manufactured products
To discuss this role in further detail please contact Andrew Knight or Chris Oddy at KO2 Embedded Recruitment Solutions Ltd.