Salary: up to £60,000
Location of office: Coventry, West Midlands
Location of work: 2 days a week WFH, some international travel will be required
An exciting new role has now been created for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join our clients Engineering function to take on the responsibility of the transition of new products from product development into manufacturing. The ideal Manufacturing Engineer will have a background across software, electronics and mechanical new product development and you will be comfortable with international when required, where you will be representing the company on production and manufacturing matters.
The successful Manufacturing Engineer can expect their role to involve:
- Author, review and maintain technical documents such as Design Specifications, Architecture Documents and Requirements Specifications.
- Actively participate in all aspects of Manufacturing Engineering including system specification, design, implementation, and test
- Ensure products meet the technical and legislative requirements laid out in industry standards, supporting the Validation and Certification teams during product testing
- Provide a key link between the Engineering team and the Contract Electronics Manufacturer (CEM) ensuring a Quality first approach to design
- Problem Solving through to resolution supported by formal process where appropriate (for example 8D, Engineering Change Management etc.)
This is a critical role for the business and the successful engineer will be reporting directly to the Technical Director and be given plenty of opportunity to make their mark in the role and the freedom to make a real impact in how the company grows.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience in a similar manufacturing role
- Experience in the development of electronics products.
- Experience with PCB designs and injection moulding techniques.
- Strong technical documentation creation
- Oversees manufacturing environments
Desirable Skills and experience:
- ECAD software, ideally PADS
- Knowledge of digital and analogue circuit design
- Knowledge of embedded design
- High volume manufacturing environment
- Low power and battery powered devices