LOCATION OF WORK: Home working and Manchester, North West
SALARY: £45,000-£55,000 + bonus
OTHER INFORMATION: Flexible hours. Lunchtime finish on a Friday
This is an opportunity to work for the world’s leading smart energy technology companies. They are at the forefront of technology, pushing the boundaries daily to make the world a greener place (a hot topic in the current climate). The company’s financial performance and market share reflect they are the No.1 in their field.
You will be working in a brand-new office space located close to Manchester Airport.
As a Senior/ Principal Embedded Software Engineer you will be supporting the development of their latest low power wireless devices.
In this role you will have opportunity to do hands on embedded software development (writing Embedded C on RTOS targeting an ARM Cortex processor).
Another key part of your role will be delating tasks to Junior Embedded Engineers and providing the required direction. This gives you opportunity to have a lead technical role on projects, where you are very much involved in the design and architecture.
If you want an opportunity to work in a fun and friendly environment, which offers a work life balance, whilst also giving you chance to work on devices that make a real positive difference to the world this is a role for you.
- Strong Embedded C programming
- RTOS or Bare Metal
- Microcontroller or Microprocessor experience (ARM Cortex is desirable)
- Full Software lifecycle experience
- Good communication skills. Comfortable delegating tasks to Junior Embedded Software Engineers
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE: (not essential)
- Low power wireless communication protocol experience e.g. 802.15.4, Zigbee, BLE, Bluetooth, Thread, WiFi
- High volume/ Low cost product experience