POSITION: Senior Embedded Software Engineer
SALARY: £45,000 – £55,000
LOCATION OF OFFICE: York
LOCATION OF WORK: This role can be performed fully remotely.
An exciting position has now been created for a Senior Embedded Software Engineer to join our client as they continue to produce industry leading, high quality equipment that is used around the world. As the Senior Embedded Software Engineer, you will be involved in building, launching and maintaining a host of products globally, whilst reporting directly to the CTO.
This really is a unique role for an experienced Embedded Software Engineer to have the chance to make a real impact in the design and development of a range of new, interesting products. You will be required to be involved in early product requirement meetings and be able to deliver products meeting specific agreed upon on time frames and budgetary constraints. You will be working as part of multidisciplinary design team and as a senior team member you should be able to work on individual projects and make important development related decisions.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Embedded C and C++ software development of electro-mechanical products
• Low level programming of micro-controller hardware modules
• High level programming of complex API on embedded targets
• CAN, Ethernet, UART, and Serial Data Bus Networks
• Working within a multi-disciplinary team consisting of Electronic, Mechanical and Platform Software Engineers, and Product Innovators
• Experience of Atmel / PIC / Nordic microcontrollers and development environments
• Control of electro-mechanical systems and real time systems
• Bluetooth Low Energy communication networks
• Arduino Software Architecture
• Electronic Circuit Design
• A proven track record of adopting and building upon legacy code.
This role can be performed fully remotely but at the same time they would happily welcome the successful Embedded Engineer to join the team in their York based offices on a regular basis. They are keen to offer flexibility for the right candidate and feel having the correct work/life balance is important for all members of the company.