Location of work: Hybrid Working. 3 days onsite and 2 days remote. Flexible working hours.
Salary: up to £70,000
The Company: With a heritage in electronic security, our clients products and services protect millions of people and properties around the world. They are leading the way with digital and cloud-based solutions, adding value and providing interoperability with wider security and building management systems; offering increasingly connected, intelligent and dynamic solutions to meet the world’s future security challenges.
The Role: There is a vacancy in the R&D department for the position of Senior Design Engineer to lead and accelerate our clients aggressive strategic product development roadmap and maintaining the current product offering. The successful candidate will be the design authority for system hardware whilst working closely with a dedicated firmware engineering team.
Skills and experience required:
- System design with single chip microcontrollers and their debugging tools (eg M16C, MSP430, STM32).
- System design with high performance microprocessors (eg iMX6, ARM Cortex A7)
- Thorough understanding of PCB design and layout for EMC.
- Analog circuit design (interfacing to ADC’s, DC/DC convertors).
- Design of systems using a communications bus (eg RS485).
- Design with high level modules such as 4G cellular modems, ethernet, WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Design of ISM band RF transceivers for Wireless systems.
- Low power design for battery operated products.
- Experience with IoT devices.
- Understanding of mains SMPS.
- Understanding of Battery charging and monitoring.
- Appreciation of mechanical design and injection moulding principles.
To discuss this role in further detail please contact Laurence Powell or Chris Fawcett at KO2 Embedded Recruitment Solutions.