Position: R&D Manager
Location of Office: Blackburn
Location of Work: Hybrid Working (3 days onsite, 2 days remote)
Salary: Up to £80,000
KO2 are now working with an Engineering company in the Blackburn area who are now going through an exciting stage of their companies continued growth and as such are looking to add an R&D Manager to their engineering team. The successful R&D Manager will implement new processes and standards whilst enabling the company to grow and expand their product offering at the same time.
The ideal candidate will have a hands-on technical background as an electronics or embedded software engineer and have been in a team leadership or management role most recently (project, product or engineering management). You will manage a small team of Engineers in house (currently 4) and external resources in the design and development of a range of cutting edge, IoT connected devices that will be used in millions of homes across the UK and Europe.
You can expect to play a key role in the continued growth of the company and should feel comfortable liaising with customers, internal stakeholders and third party suppliers in order to achieve project goals and deadlines.
Skills and Experience Required:
- A background as an Engineer within electronics or embedded software design
- Team leadership or management of Engineers and product development
- Project management of electronic devices products
- Experience working with customers, internal stakeholders and 3rd party suppliers
Desired Skills and Experience
- Msc Degree in an Engineering subject
- Experience with IoT connected or home automation devices
- Experience growing an engineering team
Reach out to Laurence Powell at KO2 Embedded Recruitment Solutions to discuss this role in detail.