Python Automated Software Test Engineer
An electronics business in Stockport, who are the world leader in advanced satellite communication solutions require a Python Automation Test Engineer.
You will be joining a team of 4 Validation Engineers. At present the validation of the systems is a mixture of manual and automated test. The aim is to automate more of the testing and move away from manual testing as much as possible.
For this role you should demonstrate experience developing automated test frameworks and test scripts in Python.
You will have opportunity to develop end-to-end system tests for a variety of new satellite communication systems used in a variety of industry sectors.
With lots of new product developments, there is lots of exciting and interesting work on offer.
The satellite industry is one of the few industry sectors that is very busy in the current market and is only set to grow. It is well documented how much Elon Musk is investing in the satellite industry at present!
- Python programming skills
- Experience developing automated test frameworks and test scripts
- Experience testing software and hardware systems
- End-to-End system testing experience
- Experience developing validation plans
- C / C++ programming
- Understanding of Continuous Integration (e.g. Jenkins)
- Experience of formal development processes e.g. Jira, Git
- Communication protocol experience e.g. TCP IP, Ethernet, 3G, 4G
- Networking concept knowledge e.g. routing, tunnelling, bridging
To discuss this role in further detail please contact Andrew Knight or Chris Oddy at KO2 Embedded Recruitment Solutions Ltd.