Position: Product Compliance Engineer
Location: Barnsley with Hybrid Working Available
Salary: £35,000 – £45,000
The Role: An electronics business who are owned by a group of companies listed on the stock exchange that provide innovative solutions for a vast array of problems that are encountered in everyday life are looking to recruit a Product Compliance Lead. The business works within Medical, Environmental Monitoring and Safety based developments.
This role will be within a businesses within the group where the products will save lives, infrastructure and assets withing a multitude of industries. This is a new and exciting role for the business reporting to the approvals manager where you will be tasked with being the expert of product compliance ensuring products comply to industry standards and are safe and fit for purpose. To ensure that the product range is complying to standards and fit to be sold and installed at customer sites, it is also vital the Product Compliance Lead has the ability to communicate with the many different factions withing the business, to ensure the wheel of development keeps on turning. As a result the Product Compliance Lead will have the communication skills to work with, Engineering, R&D, Test, NPI, Manufacturing and Senior Management.
The product compliance lead will have the ability to ensure that at the beginning of the design process, when designing a new product, the necessary steps are being taken to ensure that a full documentation pack can be provided to the approvals house showing how the product meets industry standards. The product compliance lead will also have the ability to ensure existing products have approval documentation that is regularly update and any customer changes or updates to projects are carried out in line with the relevant standards.
This is an autonomous role, so will be for someone who is pro active and an excellent communicator and is able to ensure the relevant functional testing and environmental test, compliance and documentation is all in place and accounted for.
This role can be carried out at our clients offices in Barnsley is a hybrid role. Due to the nature of the role you will be required on site when essential but the business is happy for the person to work from home, it is described as hybrid. As it is a senior role the incumbent will be able to make sensible decision as to when it is appropriate to be in the office and when to be at home. Some travel between sites and approvals houses is required, but is not a weekly occurrence.
- Ensure that new and existing products are compliant with all relevant standards and legislation through third party certification and internal assessments.
- Preparation of technical documentation and submittal packages required for product approvals, supporting in the setup and operation of equipment at test houses as required by approvals manager.
- Maintain a register of product approvals and documentation including technical construction files and act as authorised signatory for the Company on regulatory declarations.
- Maintain a register of all directives, standards, etc. that could affect the business, reviewing existing and emerging legislation for potential impacts and keeping the Company informed as appropriate.
- Attend Industry Affairs meetings and standards committees as appropriate and keep the Company informed on relevant matters.
- Attend standards and regulatory events to understand best practices and upcoming changes in product testing and certification processes.
- Be a key point of contact for liaison of regulatory, testing, certification matters and cross listings with the relevant notified bodies including VDS, BSI, Element etc.
- Provide regulatory information, guidance and support to R&D and Products and Services Teams.
If you are interested to apply for this role, please get in touch with Andrew Knight or Laurence Powell from KO2 embedded recruitment solutions.