Mechanical Design Team Lead
An electronics business who specialise in handheld medical devices require a Mechanical Design Team Lead to join the companies R&D department.
It’s a very exciting and busy time for the business as there is huge demand globally for the company’s IoT diagnostic devices. Especially as the company are working on a covid-19 test solution.
With a large amount of mechanical design work (across multiple product developments) there is need for a Mechanical Design Team Leader. Your role will be to take responsibility and drive forward all mechanical design task work, which will mean leading and allocating work to the mechanical engineers (who directly report into you).
For this role you should hands on 3D design skills (ideally using Solidworks) as well as have team lead/ management experience.
You will be working on product developments from proof-of-concept stage to manufacturing. As such you should have experience working throughout the product lifecycle.
Having experience designing medical devices would be advantageous, but experience designing mass manufactured consumer/ FMCG products, or devices that enclose electronic pcb’s or have plastics is suitable.
If you want the chance to work fast paced developments, exciting project work and products that will make a positive impact globally to people’s lives, then this role will be very satisfying.
– Mechanical Design skills and Team Lead/ Managerial experience
– Full mechanical design lifecycle experience (concept to manufacture)
– Designed products enclosing Electronics/ PCB’s
– Plastic Injection Moulding experience
– Experience in developing requirement specifications and collaborating with external parties
– Medical Device experience
– 3D CAD design experience (Solidworks, CREO or other 3D CAD packages)
– ISO 13485 knowledge
To discuss this role in further detail please contact Andrew Knight or Chris Oddy at KO2 Embedded Recruitment Solutions Ltd.