Location of Role: Hybrid working
Rate: £50-55 per hour (outside of IR35)
Contract length: 6 months initially
Start date: asap
A Mechanical Design Engineer is required for an initial 6 month period to work on the design of a consumer device that will be designed to Medical Device standards.
You will be joining the project at concept stage, and will have opportunity to work on the development from concept to prototype, through to full manufacture. To be suitable for this role you should have full product lifecycle experience, ideally designing products for high volume manufacture.
In this role you will be working part of a multidisciplined R&D team, and will be required to work closely with the Hardware Engineers. The product you will be doing the mechanical design for will enclose electronic pcb’s and will also use plastics and small complex mechanisms.
Although you will be working part of a team, you will be given a lot of responsibility for the mechanical design elements and autonomy to take high level tasks and run with them. As such you should be someone who is self-starting and is confident taking ownership of tasks.
This project will be fairly fast placed and will offer nice design challenges to an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer. Although Medical device experience is advantageous, if you have experience designing products that are robust and meet regulations this will still be considered.
Skills and Experience required:
- 2D/ 3D CAD. Solidworks and/or Creo
- Designed robust products ideally used in a Safety Critical/ Regulated industry e.g. Medical, Automotive, Aerospace, Oil+Gas
- Designed products for high volume manufacture
- Designed products that enclose electronic PCBs
- Designed products using complex mechanisms
- Plastic Injection Moulding design
- Medical Device experience
- Comfortable working on fast moving product developments