Position: Lead Embedded Software Design Engineer
Salary: Up to £80,000
Location of Office: Blackburn
Location of Work: Flexible Remote Working is Available
The Role: At exciting new position has now been created for a Lead Embedded Software Design Engineer to join our industry leading client in the Blackburn area. As they continue to design and develop industry leading security products that are sold around the globe, they now require a Lead Software Design Engineer to join the engineering team, who will be tasked with accelerating their exciting new range of cloud connected system products.
Ideally you will have experience in a similar role and have led previous successful product developments. Your core skills set will include Embedded C/C++ programming, embedded Linux and a host of networking protocols and communication protocols (I2C, SPI, CAN, BLE, Wi-Fi, MQTT etc). You will have experience leading small teams, ideally on a remote basis and you will be keen to push best practice whilst making strategic technical decisions for the team. The new product range will be IoT focussed so any experience with Cloud platforms and IoT connected devices (cameras, sensors, hubs, etc) is highly desirable.
Whilst their office is in Blackburn they are happy for this role to be taken on a flexible remote working basis with travel to the office only once or twice a week. They are looking for a technical leader who has a strong embedded software design background and a real interest in new product development processes and planning, who is capable of leading a team of 7 embedded engineers whilst also taking on some hands on development work.
The successful Engineer can expect the role to include:
- Architecting and implementing future proof, scalable Linux platform to support new and existing functionality.
- Assigning work to the rest of the firmware team and ensuring quality implementation.
- Collaborating with the Cloud development team to deliver seamless integration.
- Advising on concept designs and converting into technical requirements.
- Interfacing between product management/marketing and development.
- Embedded C/C++ programming
- Embedded Linux
- Lead engineer or team leader experience
- Networking and communications protocols – RS232, TCP/IP, SPI, 12C, BLE etc
- Video streaming technologies
- Experience of connecting to local devices and peripherals such as cameras, control systems and RF hubs using serial, USB or IP.
- Cloud platforms using MQTT, HTTPS and websockets.
- Yocto BSP packages
Please contact Laurence Powell or Chris Fawcett at KO2 Embedded Recruitment Solutions Ltd to discuss this role in further detail.