Position: Junior Embedded Software Engineer
Salary: up to £42,000
Location of office: Newcastle
The role: An exciting new position for a Junior Embedded Software Engineer has now been created to work on a range of tech for good products in the central Newcastle area. You will be joining a small team and have the chance to be involved in the full development lifecycle of a range of products that will improve the quality of life of millions of people.
If you are a recent graduate keen to start your career within embedded software development or an engineer with 2/3 years’ experience now looking for a new challenge, then this could be the role for you. Available is the chance to work with a range of cutting-edge technologies in a close-knit supportive environment where you will be given the autonomy to complete a range of tasks whilst being encouraged to develop new skills.
Joining a small team you can expect your day to day tasks to be varied and you will ideally enjoy taking on technical challenges and consider yourself a good problem solver. You will have the chance to learn from experienced engineers but will also have the motivation and awareness to tackle problems head on and come up with your own solutions.
Key Skills Required:
- Degree Qualification: A degree in electronics or computer science is required, making this role suitable for recent graduates in these fields.
- Programming: Proficiency in Embedded C or C++ programming is necessary for this role.
- Microcontroller Development: Experience with microcontroller development, such as ARM, PIC, NXP, or similar platforms, is essential.
- Eagerness to Learn: Demonstrated enthusiasm for learning and adapting to new skills and technologies is crucial in this dynamic environment.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- BLE or Wireless Comms: Experience with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) or wireless communications is considered a valuable asset.
- Electronics Design: Skills in electronics design are a plus, as they can enhance your ability to work on embedded systems.
- PC Application Development: Familiarity with PC application development can be beneficial in certain aspects of the role.
Please contact Laurence Powell or Chris Fawcett at KO2 Embedded Recruitment Solutions Ltd to discuss this role in further detail.