https://www.ko2.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/ko2-logo-white-300x300.png 0 0 admin https://www.ko2.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/ko2-logo-white-300x300.png admin2021-09-07 17:40:492021-09-07 17:40:49Head of Electronics and Embedded Software
SALARY: up to £70,000
LOCATION OF OFFICE: Newcastle
LOCATION OF WORK: This role is predominately office based
Our market leading client are now seeking an Electronics and Embedded Software Manager to lead their growing team in the Newcastle area. Reporting to the Head of R&D you will be tasked with leading a team of electronics and software engineers (currently 11 people) in the development of a range of industry leading products that save lives.
This role is a great opportunity for the successful Electronics Manager to take the lead of a growing electronics and software team, they are currently developing a range of new products with a clear roadmap ahead of them. The successful candidate will be given the chance to make a real impact on new product development whilst working for an award winning, industry leading company designing lifesaving products that are used around the globe.
The ideal candidate will have an electronics and embedded software design background, have proven experience in managing technical teams, taking successful products to market and working closely with other department heads. You will be leading team made up of a range of design and test engineers and your experience will include: technical leadership, embedded or electronics design, team management, recruitment and budgeting development projects.
Our client offers a flexible, challenging work environment with plenty of scope for career progression for the right candidate. They are offering a competitive salary and benefits package that includes a strong bonus.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Technical leadership – from concept to product roll out
- A track record of leading the delivery of successful products
- A technical background in electronics or embedded software design
- Developing and maintaining project budgets and timeframes
- Proven experience managing multiple development teams
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders and vendors (both technical and non-technical)
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with safety critical products
- A degree within an Engineering field or Computer science
- Experience managing third parties and liaising with suppliers.