FLEXIBLE WORKING: You will be expected to work 2 days a week in the office, with the option to work 3 days a week remotely if you wish.
An electronics business who develop advanced IoT solutions for a range of industry sectors require a Full Stack Web Developer to join their growing development team.
The company supplies its IoT solutions to some of the biggest and well recognised companies in the world, with new customer enquiries happening all the time.
The real-time IoT solutions you will be working on use multiple sensors to monitor and collect vital information for a company. This data is wirelessly sent to a cloud platform using the latest LoRA, LoRaWAN and NB-IoT technology. This data is analysed and processed, and then presented to the customer in a user-friendly application.
As a full stack developer, you will have opportunity to work on a range of front end and back end tasks.
The project work on offer is varied and super exciting. A huge project that is soon to be kickstarted is the development of a brand-new framework which all future IoT solutions will be built on. The new framework will allow better performance and more advanced technical developments.
As well the new framework, there will be the need to support existing customers solutions with new features and enhancements.
With each IoT product being bespoke, you will always be satisfied with the variation of work on offer.
If you are a full stack web developer who wants to work on products that use physical devices, real-time big data, cloud technology and wireless communications then this will be a role you will enjoy.
- Web development experience (2 years+)
- Confident taking high level/architectural software design tasks
- Database development experience (e.g. MS SQL). You should understand how to get high performance and processing efficiency
- Web UI/UX design
- Distributed revision control system experience (e.g. Git, Bitbucket)
- Experience working on complex full stack cloud-based solutions
- Automated test environment experience
- Test Driven Development (e.g. PHPUnit)
- Agile development experience
- Comfortable working on varied tasks and within a great team environment
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE: (not essential)
- Experience working on projects that use devices which then communicate to a cloud platform
- IoT experience
- Deployment using RedHat Ansible
- MQTT, Apache Kafka
- MVC Architecture, Web services and back-end implementations
- js, React.js Node.js, Laravel
- MongoDB and InfluxDB
- Microservices (C, C++, Node.js, Go)