Salary: Up to £55,000
Location of Office: Hereford
Location of Work: Flexible WFH model 1 day a week in the office
KO2 are now working with an exciting IoT technology company as they look to grow their Engineering team. Having recently invested heavily in their R&D facilities including a modernised production area, employee break room and testing facilities. They now have an opportunity for a skilled Embedded Software Engineer to join their team as they embark on the development of next generation products.
Ideally your skills set will be focused on embedded system design, programming in C, serial interfaces (including: SPI, I2C, RS232, RS485, TCPIP) and working with 6-32bit microcontrollers (ARM Cortex desired). Whilst any experience with wireless protocols, RF, C++ or MISRA C is desirable. You will be working on large scale IoT connected systems, connecting up to 500 devices on one system, so attention to detail and strong debugging skills are essential.
The successful Embedded Engineer can expect their role to include:
- Working in a small design team environment
- Maintaining existing code and developing new code for future products.
- Creating detailed software specifications for product development.
- Testing, Debugging and running diagnostics on software projects.
Initially you will be tasked with contributing to the final stages of their current projects development needs before embarking on new development products where you will be expected to take products from concept through to inhouse testing and manufacture.
- Embedded C programming
- RS232, RS485, SPI, TCP/IP and I2C
- 8/16/32 bit microcontrollers ARM, PIC, TI etc
- RTOS – Keil RTX or Free RTOS
- Wireless communication protocols – BLE, LoRaWAN, Wi-Fi
- RF protocols
- C++ programming
- MISRA C
Please contact Laurence Powell or Andrew Knight to discuss this role in further detail.