POSITION: Embedded C Software Engineer, IoT
LOCATION OF WORK: Predominately in the companies brand new office space in Hereford.
KO2 are now partnering with an exciting IoT technology company as they look to grow their Engineering team. Having recently invested heavily in their R&D facilities including a modernised production area, employee break room and testing facilities. They now have an opportunity for a skilled Embedded Software Engineer to join their team as they embark on the development of next generation products.
Your immediate role will be to contribute to the final stages of their current projects development needs before embarking on new development products where you will be expected to take products from concept through to inhouse testing and manufacture. Ideally your skills set will be focused around embedded system design in C, serial interfaces (including: SPI, I2C, RS232, RS485, TCPIP) and working with 6-32bit microcontrollers (ARM STM desired). Whilst any experience with wireless protocols, C++ or MISRA C is desirable. You will be working on large scale IoT connected systems, connecting up to 500 devices on one system, so attention to detail and strong debugging skills are essential.
The successful Embedded Engineer can expect the role to include:
- Working in a small design team environment
- Maintaining existing code and developing new code for future products.
- Creating detailed software specifications for product development.
- Testing, Debugging and running diagnostics on software projects.
- Liaising with 3rd parties and customers remotely when required.
- Embedded C
- RS232, RS485, SPI, TCP/IP and I2C
- 8/16/32 bit microcontrollers ARM ,PIC, TI etc
- RTOS – Keil RTX or Free RTOS
- Wireless communication protocols
- ARM STM microcontrollers
- GUI development
- C++ programming
- MISRA C