Position: Embedded Software Engineer
Salary: £40,000 – £55,000
Location of office: Coventry
Location of work: A mixture of onsite and remote working is offered, 2 days a week home based.
The Role: A highly successful electronics business, who design and manufacture five million IoT smart home safety devices every year require an Embedded Software Engineer to join their Development team.
In this role you will report directly into the Head of Firmware, and your core responsibility will be to work towards the development of their next generation product range whilst maintaining their existing product line when necessary.
The firmware that the companies IoT connected devices are typically developed in is Embedded C on RTOS and Bare Metal using a range of 8, 16 and 32-bit microcontrollers. The devices typically need to operate at a low power and use wireless communication protocols such as Bluetooth, BLE, Cellular, WiFi and Zigbee. If you have experience developing high manufactured, low power, battery powered RF devices this would be highly desirable for the role.
The company prides itself on having a great team and working environment, which is proven by an excellent staff retention record. It is clear to see that employees feel proud about the products they are developing. Not only do the devices protect and save lives, they are sold in every major supermarket and home store, as well as on Amazon. You are never far away from the products you have developed.
- Embedded C programming
- RTOS or Bare metal development
- 8-32 Bit micros – ARM or Microchip PIC desired
- RS232, RS485, TCP/IP, I2C, SPI
- Experience implementing and adhering safety coding guideline standards e.g. Safety Critical or MISRA
- Experience working on as many of the following types of products: IoT, Wireless, RF, Low power/ Battery operated, Mass manufacture, Consumer/ Commercial
- BLE, Bluetooth, ZigBee, WiFi
- Agile development (JIRA, GitHub)
- Application development for Windows and/or Linux.
For all the details on this fantastic opportunity contact Laurence Powell or Chris Fawcett at KO2 Embedded Recruitment Solutions Ltd today.