Position: Embedded Software Engineer
Salary: Up to £60,000
Location of Office: York
Location of Work: Hybrid WFH Available
Our client will allow you to play a key role in the development and deployment of software, bringing new features from concept to delivery and seeing them deployed in international aerospace projects.
You’ll be solving technically challenging problems, developing software with complex algorithms, data structures, language parsing and other technologies.
Our client is searching for a talented embedded software engineer with excellent skills in computer science and software engineering who is highly motivated, hard-working and innovative, with a “can do” attitude, with some experience of most of the following:
- A strong software background with experience of either reliable software, embedded software, or real-time systems
- University degree or PhD level qualifications in Computer Science or related disciplines
- Strong interpersonal skills for customer facing work
- Ability to be organized under pressure, work independently and manage your workload
- Excellent written and spoken English language ability
- Experience with a variety of real-time operating systems (RTOS)
- Experience with aerospace and/or automotive applications
- Familiarity with any of DO-178C, ARINC-653, DO-330 or related standards
This exceptional opportunity allows you to be part of a talented team, who are supportive, collaborative and highly motivated to develop quality software that brings new technology to the next generation low-carbon aerospace industry. You can expect your daily tasks in include:
- Providing expert integration services, consultancy and training for high profile customers around the world
- Influencing product development by identifying customer needs and helping to translate these needs into commercial tools
- Technical pre-sales – helping our customers to understand the benefits of our technology, providing demonstrations and proof of concept work
- Software development and maintenance
- Helping our customers to use our tools, by visiting them and offering prompt, accurate and positive responses to customer support requests
- Working on the wide variety of processors, compilers, debuggers and real-time operating systems we regularly encounter on customer sites
This role could suit a range of experience from new graduate to a senior engineer, with a competitive salary depending on experience and ability.
This role is based at the York office, with flexible working times and options for hybrid-remote working
You will be working within a strong, friendly team of like-minded people who have a passion for technology and the work they do. The business has an innovative ethos and culture, and an open, flexible working environment.
The company offers flexible working times, 33 days of flexible annual leave (including bank holidays), a private pension, cycle to work scheme, team away days, fruit and drinks, office cycle/car parking and other benefits. Most roles can be done with a hybrid approach of home-working and office working. The office is based in the lovely city of York, which is a fantastic place to live and work – if you need it, the client will help you settle in with a relocation package.
The work the company does helps customers to provide safer and greener flights – they are proud that the technologies they work with contribute to safe and reliable systems. The company work with customers who design the latest low-carbon technologies, autonomous vehicles, advanced displays, and pilot support.
To apply contact Chris Fawcett or Laurene Powell from KO2 Embedded Recruitment Solutions today.