POSITION: Embedded Software Engineer
SALARY: £45,000 – £55,000
LOCATION OF WORK: Salford and Remote working
OTHER INFORMATION: Flexible working is offered. 3 days onsite, 2 days from home
Due to growth and customer demand our industry leading client are now looking to add an Embedded Engineer to their R&D team to work on their next generation product range. The ideal Engineer will be degree qualified and have strong experience designing applications using C/C++ in a real-time embedded environment.
The successful Embedded Engineer will be comfortable working in a team environment, throughout the full software development cycle. You will have experience writing software for a variety of microprocessor platforms including multi-threaded RTOS based applications and have a working knowledge of electronic systems.
The focus of the role will be the development of their next generation products whilst also updating and maintaining their existing product range and you can expect the role to involve:
- Perform software development to written technical specifications working within the company’s quality processes.
- Develop/Interpret written/verbal business requirements and technical specification documents and seek clarification as and where necessary.
- Perform maintenance programming and correction of identified defects.
- Create and maintain technical documentation using defined technical documentation templates & techniques.
- Embedded C/C++ programming
- Microprocessor design
- RTOS applications
- ANSI C
- C# application development
- Embedded Linux
- Digital Signal Processing
- Test Driven Development