Position: Embedded Electronics Engineer
Salary: up to £55,000
Location of office: Durham
Skills and Experience Required:
- Embedded/firmware design and development in C or C++
- Design for microcontrollers – PIC, ARM, NXP, Atmel etc
- PCB Design
- Electronic circuit design – analogue and digital
The role: Our client, an industry leader throughout Europe and the US are now seeking an Embedded Electronics Engineer to join their engineering design team in the Durham area. Our client has been developing and manufacturing bespoke solutions for over 30 years and is continuing to grow.
Their ideal candidate will be strong writing embedded/firmware level software in C or C++, microcontroller design (ideally PIC) and you should be knowledgeable around electronics design (PCB design, mixed circuit design). You will be an all-round design engineer and enjoy variety and daily design challenges in your role. Whilst any hands-on electronics design experience is desirable, and you should be comfortable working within a small design team made up of engineers from different backgrounds.
In this role the successful Embedded Electronics Engineer will be working within a growing team and can expect to take a lead role on all things embedded design focussed, including:
- Design and development of software for new products.
- Develop firmware to support existing and new products.
- Support new product development by developing products with design for manufacture and quality built in
- Creating bill of materials and selecting appropriate parts to meet customer requirements
- Work with a multidisciplined team to ensure projects are delivered on time, costed appropriately and designed to a high standard
- Test new products, evaluate performance and safety circuits and create reports for customer and internal use
Their office is based in the Durham area and they are looking for a candidate who lives within a commutable distance. On offer is a strong salary and benefits package along with the chance to work on a host of new product development projects in a challenging and rewarding environment.
For more information on this fantastic opportunity please get in touch with Laurence Powell or Chris Fawcett from KO2 embedded recruitment solutions.