LOCATION OF WORK: a mixture of Home Working and in the Office. The office is in Media City, Manchester
An electronics business based in central Manchester who specialise in the design and manufacture of complex electromagnetic instrumentation products are looking to add a further Embedded Software Engineer to their friendly and talented team.
This role provides an Embedded Software Engineer the chance to work on complex and intellectually challenging physical products, which use 1000’s of lines of embedded software running on multiple DSP’s and FPGA’s.
This role is ideally suited to an Embedded Software Engineer who is degree qualified, and has a strong interest in electronics, physics or similar.
The position will offer you the chance to enhance and develop existing products, as well as the opportunity to design next generation products.
This role will allow you use new skills, tools and techniques e.g. develop in new software languages.
The business is recognised for its excellent working atmosphere, whilst providing its Engineers stimulating and interesting work and the opportunity to grow as an Engineer.
- Real-Time Embedded C
- Full embedded software lifecycle
- Degree qualified. If you have studied in Electronics or Physics, this tends to be suitable.
- Comfortable writing software targeted at a variety of microprocessor platforms including single and multi-threaded RTOS based applications.
- Good knowledge of Electronics. Digital microprocessor system knowledge is particularly useful
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE: (not essential)
- Experience of DSP (Digital Signal Processing)
- C#, WPF
- Embedded Linux
- Test Driven Development techniques including the development of Unit Tests