Salary: £40,000 – £60,000
Location of office: Coventry, West Midlands
Location of work: WFH Hybrid model – 2 days remote working a per week.
A highly successful electronics business, who design and manufacture a range of IoT connected safety devices now require an Embedded Software Engineer to join their engineering team.
The firmware that the companies IoT connected devices are typically developed in is Embedded C on RTOS and Bare Metal using a range of 8, 16 and 32-bit microcontrollers. The devices typically need to operate at a low power and use wireless communication protocols such as Bluetooth, BLE, Cellular, WiFi and Zigbee. If you have experience developing high manufactured, low power, battery powered RF devices this would be highly desirable for the role.
In this role you will report directly into the Head of Firmware, and your core responsibility will be to work towards the development of their next generation product range whilst maintaining their existing product line when necessary. You will be joining a small, growing team and have the chance to work closely with a friendly, technical enthusiastic team of engineers from initial concept through the full design lifecycle.
- Embedded C programming
- RTOS or Bare metal development
- 8-32 Bit micros – ARM or Microchip PIC desired
- RS232, RS485, TCP/IP, I2C, SPI
- Experience implementing and adhering safety coding guideline standards e.g. Safety Critical or MISRA
- Experience working on as many of the following types of products: IoT, Wireless, RF, Low power/ Battery operated, Mass manufacture, Consumer/ Commercial
- BLE, Bluetooth, ZigBee, WiFi