Salary: up to £50,000
Location of office: Durham
Location of work: WFH Hybrid working available
Our client, an industry leader throughout Europe and the US are now seeking an Embedded Electronics Engineer to join their electronics and software design team in the Durham area. Our client has been developing and manufacturing bespoke solutions for over 30 years and will be continuing to grow in 2022.
Their ideal candidate will be strong writing embedded/firmware level software in C or C++, microcontroller design (ideally PIC) and you should be knowledgeable around electronics design. You will be an all-round design engineer and enjoy variety and daily design challenges in your role. Whilst any hands-on electronics design experience is desirable, and you should be comfortable working within a small design team made up of engineers from different backgrounds.
In this role the successful Embedded Engineer will be working within a growing team and can expect to take a lead role on all things embedded design focussed, including:
- Design and development of software for new products.
- Develop firmware to support existing and new products.
- Support new product development by developing products with design for manufacture and quality built in
- Creating bill of materials and selecting appropriate parts to meet customer requirements
- Work with a multi disciplined team to ensure projects are delivered on time, costed appropriately and designed to a high standard
- Test new products, evaluate performance and safety circuits and create reports for customer and internal use
Their office is based in the Durham area and they are offering a hybrid working practice so the ideal candidate will live within a commutable distance. On offer is a strong salary and benefits package along with the chance to work on a host of new product development projects in a challenging and rewarding environment.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Embedded/firmware design and development in C or C++
- Degree qualification in Engineering subject
- Design for microcontrollers – PIC ideally
- Full software development cycle experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Electronics design
- Python or Java programming
- PCB Design – Altium ideally
- SMPS design