Position: Embedded Engineer
Salary: up to £55,000
Location of office: Durham
The role: Our client, an industry leader throughout Europe and the US are now seeking an Embedded Engineer to join their electronics and software design team in the Durham area. Our client has been developing and manufacturing bespoke solutions for over 30 years and are continuing to grow in 2023.
Their ideal candidate will be strong writing embedded/firmware level software development in C or C++, bare-metal design and have experience with microcontroller design (Microchip PIC). You will be an all-round design engineer and enjoy variety and daily design challenges in your role. Whilst any hands-on electronics design experience is desirable, and you should be comfortable working within a small design team made up of engineers from different backgrounds.
In this role the successful Embedded Engineer will be working within a growing team and can expect their focus to be of firmware development and responsibilities will include:
- Design and development of firmware for new products
- Meeting requirements of the product development process – delivering to deadlines.
- Supporting Design Engineers in development of the product designs.
- Supporting Engineering Design Manager in developing the skills of the design and test team, and liaising with customers to define specifications.
Their office is based in the Durham area and they are offering a hybrid working practice so the ideal candidate will live within a commutable distance. On offer is a strong salary and benefits package along with the chance to work on a host of new product development projects in a challenging and rewarding environment.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Embedded/firmware design and development in C or C++
- Bare-metal development
- Design for microcontrollers – Microchip PIC ideally
- Full software development cycle experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Electronics design
- Python or Java programming
For more information on this fantastic opportunity please get in touch with Laurence Powell or Chris Fawcett from KO2 embedded recruitment solutions.