ROLE: Electronics Engineer
LOCATION: Work from home (occasional visit to client’s site in Luton)
RATE: £40-50 per hour
CONTRACT LENGTH: 6 months
You will be responsible for the electronics design of a new IoT audio product used in the commercial/ retail sector. You will be joining this product development at concept stage and will be working on the project right through to manufacture.
The product you will be designing needs to operate at a low power and will be using various wireless communication protocols such as BLE, WiFi and Cellular. The PCB layout design of this product will be challenging due to space constraints.
This role requires an Electronics Engineer who has full lifecycle experience, working on low power and high-volume manufactured products, that use RF/ wireless communication protocols. Although you don’t need to be an RF specialist experience tuning Antennas is desirable.
If you are an Engineer who can do Embedded C software programming there is the opportunity to do this, but this isn’t essential as an Embedded Software Engineer can otherwise do this task work.
- Full electronic design lifecycle experience (from concept to manufacture)
- Analogue and Digital design skills
- PCB layout and Schematic Capture experience (ideally using Altium)
- Designed low powered products
- Designed high volume manufactured products
- Understanding of Wireless communication protocols e.g. BLE, Bluetooth, Cellular, WiFi
- Antenna tuning experience for Wireless communication protocols
- Embedded C programming skills