Position: Electronics Engineer
Location of Office: Leicester
Salary: £45,000 – 55,000
Skills and experience required:
- Analogue and digital circuit design
- Low power, microcontroller-driven systems
- Schematic capture and PCB layout – Altium
- Full design life cycle – cradle to grave
The Role: A new role has been created for an Electronics Engineer to join a growing engineering team working towards the design and development of a range of wearable devices. The successful Electronics Engineer will be given the chance to work from cradle to grave on a range of new low power wearable devices that are used around the globe.
You will be joining a small team; therefore, you can expect plenty of variety in you daily tasks and the chance to tackle challenging design problems, working within the team to create well designed and reliable electronic solutions.
The successful Electronics Engineer can expect their role to include the following:
- Responsible for the design and development of embedded hardware for offender monitoring equipment, working within the embedded development team.
- Work within embedded development team to identify any current areas of concern in design process and develop solutions.
- Ensure that designs meet all requirements for functionality and performance defined in the specifications while meeting project timescales and cost targets
- Ensure that all designs are fully documented and archived
- Provide technical support to operations and production teams to ensure product designs are understood and can be correctly manufactured, tested and maintained
- Develop new IP and ensure that it can be protected by following IP documentation and confidentiality processes
- Maintain up to date understanding of the technology sectors applicable to the company’s current and future products.
*You will need to go through SC clearance for this role, so you will have had to lived in the UK for at least 5 years and have the right to work in the UK full time*
Desirable skills and experience:
- Wireless communication protocols – RF, Wi-F, BLE, Zigbee etc
- Working to EMC and other safety standards
- Embedded C programming
To discuss this role in further detail please contact Laurence Powell at KO2 Embedded Recruitment Solutions.