Position: Assembly and Test Technician
Salary: Up to £27,500
Location of Office: York
The Role: An opportunity to work for an award-winning small sized electronics business-based South of York. The daily commute to this client’s rural location and modern office is very easy as you’re travelling against the traffic.
You’ll be joining the company at a very exciting time. Product sales have doubled in 2022 and there is high customer demand for its current products as well as new ones (which are used in the Subsea /Oil & Gas sector). They have recently won their 2nd Queens award for innovation and are well known in their industry sector.
They a small but growing team which currently includes a General Manager who is Technical, Electronics Design Engineers, Embedded Software Engineers, Test Technicians, Support Engineers and an Office Manager.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To fully assemble, test and dispatch the companies electrical/ electronic products.
- Kit parts prior to build of assemblies.
- Build of assemblies and sub-assemblies using supplied documentation.
- Perform wiring of assemblies and sub-assemblies.
- Occasional assembly of components onto PCB blanks. This might involve some surface mount soldering.
- Maintain accurate records of all assembly activities and provide accurate feedback to other staff members.
- Conduct bench testing of PCB’s using supplied documentation.
- Perform Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT’s) of assembled products, including pressure testing.
- Fault-finding to component level. Including rework of PCB assemblies when required.
- Maintain accurate records of all testing activities.
- Responsible for the upkeep of equipment calibration and test records.
- Assessment, documentation and repair of returned items.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Ability to build/wire assemblies to documentation supplied.
- Ability to use and operate Soldering Iron with high skill level (training provided if required).
- Ability to use and operate a wide variety of Electronic Test Equipment, including DMM and other test tools.
- Accuracy, reliability, confidentiality, adaptability and excellent attention to detail.
- PC Literate: MS Windows, Word, Excel.
Working Hours: 37.5 hours. Flexibility offered with start & finish times. Lunchtime finish on a Friday.
Extra Information: Once or Twice a year you will have opportunity to visit customers abroad (you will be paid £150 per day for this). These trips are very interesting and rewarding.
To discuss this role in further detail please contact Laurence Powell or Chris Fawcett at KO2 Embedded Recruitment Solutions Ltd.