Location of Office: Leeds
Location of Work: WFH Hybrid Model
Salary: £40,000 – £60,000
The Company: An electronics company who specialise in the design and development of a wide range of IoT connected wearable devices require an Electronics Design Engineer to join their R&D team. During the CV-19 pandemic business has rocketed for this companies’ devices. As such they are now investing heavily in new R&D.
The Role: You will have opportunity to work on several electronic products in this role. Some products will be at proof-of-concept stage, others will be enhancing current products with new features and technology. This role offers you the chance to work on very interesting consumer devices, which have a positive impact on people lives. The variety of work will ensure you are satisfied as an Electronics Design Engineer.
In this role you will be working within a multidisciplined R&D team, consisting of Embedded Software, Mechanical and Electronic Engineers.
- Mix digital and analogue design.
- Standard interfacing circuits – UART, ADC’s, DAC’s, I2C, SPI, Differential comms. (USB, Ethernet, RS232, RS485 etc).
- Design for EMC, ESD, LVD, CE, safety approvals (Junior engineer can drop this)
- Schematic and PCB layout capture using CAD (Altium preferred).
- Proven experience of design ownership.
- Engineering Degree (Electronics or Electrical & Electronics, Physics or Applied Physics).
Desirable skills and experience:
- RF design
- SMPS (DC-DC and AC-DC) design appreciation.
- Low level analogue design, miscellaneous interfacing circuitry etc.
- Board bring-up, debug, test and validation.
- Rapid prototype techniques/experience.